These came up moist and crumbly. The polenta had quite a bite too it, so I will soften/pre-cook it a little next time.
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Polenta
- 3 large free-range organic eggs, alternatively use 3 tbsp of flaxseed meal and 9 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup light vegetable or extra light olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups packed organic light brown sugar
- 3 very ripe medium bananas, mashed into puree (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk, milk, or other non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp bourbon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- Prepare a 10″ x 13″ (25x25cm) baking pan by lining it with greased parchment.
- Mix the dry ingredients except the sugar.
- If using, mix flaxseed meal and the water and set aside for 5 min.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the sugar. Use a hand mixer.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the center of a preheated oven for 33 minutes, or until done.
Check the center for doneness with a wooden pick. The cake should appear slightly golden brown at the edge, firm to a light touch.