Here goes my Moroccan Chicken with Apricots:
Put into the slow cooker in this order
– One medium onion, chopped
– Two large carrots, chopped
– One medium chicken, 3-5 lbs, washed and patted dry
o Salt and Pepper chicken inside and out
o Mix 1.5 tsp ground coriander, 1.5 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp dried garlic and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg and rub chicken inside and out
o Put on carrots breast down
– One cup of dried apricots, add around the chicken
– Mix and pour over chicken and apricots
o one cup of dry red wine
o ½ cup of chicken broth
o Two tsp honey (use less, if you don’t like it too sweet – depending on the sweetness of the apricots)
Cook 3.5 hrs on high or 7 hrs on low (Chicken breast should reach 165F).
Top with fresh Cilantro before serving. Goes well with rice our couscous.