Made these muffins for my kids, when they went to a birthday party without gluten-free birthday cake and we liked them a lot… so much that I couldn’t take a picture before they were all gone ;)
- 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (e.g. Trader Joe)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins
- Preheat your oven to 175C/350F.
- Shred the zucchini and mix it with the tbsp of sugar and let sit in a sieve over a container. The sugar will draw out moisture. You can discard the water.
- Mix flaxseed meal with 3 tbsp water and set aside for 5 minutes. (If you like it, you can use an egg instead)
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Combine the flaxseed meal mixture and oil; carefully stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the zucchini, walnuts and raisins.
- Coat 6 large muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.